From our new data on women in municipal office to our classic collections on women in state legislatures and Congress, CAWP is the only source for the most up-to-date information on women’s political representation in the United States.
Women Elected Officials Database
With over 12,000 entries covering more than 120 years, the CAWP Women Elected Officials Database is the full history of women in American politics in one place — searchable, exportable, and sharable.
See How Your State Fares
See current and historical information for your state — and how it compares in our state rankings by women’s representation in state legislatures.
- New Jersey Heads into 2023 Primary with Stalled Women’s Representation
- New Research: Women of Color and Emotional Appeals in Campaigning
- Women Still Deeply Underrepresented in Municipal Office
- Will New Jersey Women Lose Ground in Election 2023?
- How to Remake Democracy: A Q&A with Jennifer Morrison
- CAWP’s 2023 State Rankings for Women in State Legislatures
- Women in Congress: Updated Data and Records
- Women in Republican Presidential Primaries
- Women in Statewide Office 2023