From our new data on women in municipal office to our classic collections on women in state legislatures and Congress, CAWP is the only source for the most up-to-date information on women’s political representation in the United States.
With over 12,000 entries covering more than 120 years, the CAWP Women Elected Officials Database is the full history of women in American politics in one place — searchable, exportable, and sharable.
See current and historical information for your state — and how it compares in our state rankings by women’s representation in state legislatures.
- Demographics of New Jersey Officeholders
- Women of Color and Young Women are Energized to Vote
- Debate-Watching with a Gender Lens
- CAWP-Funded Research on Race, Ethnicity, and Political Perceptions
- Gains Unlikely for Mississippi Women in November
- Results from the Mississippi Primaries: Gains Unlikely for Mississippi Women in November
- Statement on the Passing of Lieutenant Governor Sheila Oliver
- See State Legislative Representation in New Ways
- Announcing the Inaugural Ruth B. Mandel Award Recipients