From our new data on women in municipal office to our classic collections on women in state legislatures and Congress, CAWP is the only source for the most up-to-date information on women’s political representation in the United States.
With over 12,000 entries covering more than 120 years, the CAWP Women Elected Officials Database is the full history of women in American politics in one place — searchable, exportable, and sharable.
See current and historical information for your state — and how it compares in our state rankings by women’s representation in state legislatures.
- New Records for Women in the U.S. Congress and House
- Statement from CAWP on Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Decision to Step Down from House Leadership
- New Record for Women Governors and Other Preliminary Results for Women Congressional and Statewide Executive Candidates in Election 2022
- Results for Women Congressional and Statewide Executive Candidates in Election 2022
- Election Night Resources from the Center for American Women and Politics
- Women in the 2022 General Election
- The 2022 primaries are over. Here’s what you need to know about women nominees.
- CAWP Grantees Find Alarming and Disproportionate Rates of Violence and Harassment Against Women Mayors Across Race/Ethnicity
- Rhode Island's Congressional Delegation to Remain All-Male and Vulnerable Incumbents Advance in New Hampshire