From our new data on women in municipal office to our classic collections on women in state legislatures and Congress, CAWP is the only source for the most up-to-date information on women’s political representation in the United States.
With over 12,000 entries covering more than 120 years, the CAWP Women Elected Officials Database is the full history of women in American politics in one place — searchable, exportable, and sharable.
See current and historical information for your state — and how it compares in our state rankings by women’s representation in state legislatures.
- Will 2021 state legislative elections foreshadow gender trends in 2022? Here are some data points to watch.
- A Great Way to “Listen to Black Women” is to Elect Them
- Results from the 2021 Elections
- Teaching Tool: Applying Gender and Intersectional Lenses to U.S. Elections
- New Records for Women in New Jersey and Virginia
- "Our nation will be stronger for it." - A Q&A with Mayor Susan Shin Angulo
- How Gender Shapes Public Opinion in American Politics
- "The overrepresentation of men in all political offices is troubling."
- Political Ambition and Community Lift: Stacey Abrams and Fair Fight