From our new data on women in municipal office to our classic collections on women in state legislatures and Congress, CAWP is the only source for the most up-to-date information on women’s political representation in the United States.
With over 12,000 entries covering more than 120 years, the CAWP Women Elected Officials Database is the full history of women in American politics in one place — searchable, exportable, and sharable.
See current and historical information for your state — and how it compares in our state rankings by women’s representation in state legislatures.
- Women in Statewide Office 2023
- Women in the 118th Congress
- A Disappointing Year for Women in New Jersey Politics
- New Records for Women in State Legislatures
- Results for Women State Legislative Candidates in Election 2022
- New Records for Women in the U.S. Congress and House
- Statement from CAWP on Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Decision to Step Down from House Leadership
- New Record for Women Governors and Other Preliminary Results for Women Congressional and Statewide Executive Candidates in Election 2022
- Results for Women Congressional and Statewide Executive Candidates in Election 2022