“There has never been a more important time for women to step up and lead…Preparing women for leadership positions is an important and essential task, and the NEW Leadership® Network is making that happen."
Hannah Pingree, Former Speaker, Maine House of Representatives
Bring NEW Leadership® to Your State
Each year CAWP selects up to three institutions to join the NEW Leadership® National Network. Selected schools agree to send two representatives to observe and participate in NEW Leadership® New Jersey in June and the partner training institute.
Any unit within a non-profit institution of higher education is eligible to become a partner, including, but not limited to, academic departments, student life offices, research organizations, and public service/leadership centers. In selecting partners, preference will be given to institutions in regions not currently represented in the National Network. Institutions with a history of serving students of color are particularly encouraged to apply.
CAWP is seeking NEW Leadership® National Network Partners who:
- Experience developing programs that meet the distinctive needs of women students;
- A commitment to multi-partisan political education programming;
- A commitment to recruiting participants and speakers who are diverse in race, ethnicity, political ideology, and sexual orientation;
- The potential for working with other educational institutions in the state;
- Access to women in public leadership, including elected officials, political activists, community leaders and women and politics scholars;
- Home institution support for establishing and continuing the NEW Leadership® program, including assigning a key staff member to take the lead in organizing and overseeing the project;
- A proven track record for raising funds to support similar projects, or the support of the institution to undertake such fundraising.
Interested in bringing NEW Leadership® to your state? Find out more by viewing our Request for Proposals here.
For more information contact:
Director, NEW Leadership®
Center for American Women and Politics
Eagleton Institute of Politics
Rutgers University-New Brunswick