Interested in a state appointment?
To submit your résumé for a state appointment, go directly to the State of New Jersey's Boards, Commissions, and Authorities site.
Need more information about serving in appointed office or the Bipartisan Coalition's role?
- See our frequently asked questions about the appointments process in New Jersey.
- See also the list of New Jersey Boards, Commissions, and Authorities on the State of New Jersey web site.
The New Jersey Bipartisan Coalition for Women’s Appointments (BCWA) is a statewide, bipartisan group of prominent women and organizations convened in years when there is an open seat for governor. The purpose of BCWA is to ensure the placement of women in key positions throughout state government. BCWA convened for the first time in 1981 and was most recently convened in 2017. To date, Governor Phil Murphy has had the highest proportion of women in his cabinet (52%) of any governor in New Jersey history.
BCWA’s goals are to:
- create the expectation within both major parties that women will play significant roles in government, both in the cabinet and on boards and commissions;
- help the next governor identify a strong and diverse pool of women candidates for positions within the new administration;
- educate New Jersey women about the thousands of state, county and municipal appointed positions available;
- encourage New Jersey women to submit their résumés for gubernatorial appointments and provide them the tools and information they need to seek appointments.
Read our press release about the pledges made by both gubernatorial candidates during the 2017 election: Gubernatorial Candidates Respond to Group's Call for Equity in Government, Promise to Appoint More Women (PDF).