Stay tuned for Ready to Run® 2022
For the past 20 years, our flagship New Jersey program has trained over 4,000 women to run for office, seek appointed positions, and manage campaigns. Ready to Run® program attendees walk away with:
- "How to" instructions on running for office
- Fundraising and media skills
- Real-world advice and best practices from experts
- Strategies for positioning yourself for public leadership
- Inspiration to launch a campaign
- A better understanding of party politics
- Internet strategies for political campaigns
Not from New Jersey? Anyone may participate in the New Jersey program, or find a Ready to Run® in your state.
Increasing the Representation of Women of Color in Elected Office
CAWP has developed a Diversity Initiative of Ready to Run® to attract more women of color into the political process and encourage them to seek public leadership. The Diversity Initiative in New Jersey comprises three separate programs for African American women, Asian American women, and Latinas. Since the creation of the Diversity Initiative, fully half of participants in the New Jersey Ready to Run® program have been women of color.