From our new data on women in municipal office to our classic collections on women in state legislatures and Congress, CAWP is the only source for the most up-to-date information on women’s political representation in the United States.
Women Elected Officials Database
With over 12,000 entries covering more than 120 years, the CAWP Women Elected Officials Database is the full history of women in American politics in one place — searchable, exportable, and sharable.
See How Your State Fares
See current and historical information for your state — and how it compares in our state rankings by women’s representation in state legislatures.
- How to Remake Democracy: A Q&A with Jennifer Morrison
- CAWP’s 2023 State Rankings for Women in State Legislatures
- Women in Congress: Updated Data and Records
- Women in Republican Presidential Primaries
- Women in Statewide Office 2023
- Women in the 118th Congress
- A Disappointing Year for Women in New Jersey Politics
- New Records for Women in State Legislatures
- Results for Women State Legislative Candidates in Election 2022