From our new data on women in municipal office to our classic collections on women in state legislatures and Congress, CAWP is the only source for the most up-to-date information on women’s political representation in the United States.
With over 12,000 entries covering more than 120 years, the CAWP Women Elected Officials Database is the full history of women in American politics in one place — searchable, exportable, and sharable.
See current and historical information for your state — and how it compares in our state rankings by women’s representation in state legislatures.
- Rethinking Women’s Political Power
- Who Sits on New Jersey Boards and Commissions?
- History in Mayoral Elections; Setbacks and Advancements in State Legislative Races
- Results for Women Candidates in Election 2023
- Resources for Election Day 2023
- The Donor Gap: Raising Women’s Political Voices
- Louisiana Will Elect Its First Woman Attorney General
- Louisiana Will Elect Its First Woman Attorney General: Results for Women Candidates in the Louisiana Primaries
- Resources for the appointment of Laphonza Butler to the U.S. Senate