From our new data on women in municipal office to our classic collections on women in state legislatures and Congress, CAWP is the only source for the most up-to-date information on women’s political representation in the United States.
With over 12,000 entries covering more than 120 years, the CAWP Women Elected Officials Database is the full history of women in American politics in one place — searchable, exportable, and sharable.
See current and historical information for your state — and how it compares in our state rankings by women’s representation in state legislatures.
- New Records for Women Gubernatorial and U.S. Senate Candidates
- More All-Woman Races and Potential Milestones
- Results from Primaries and Runoffs in VA, AL, and GA: More All-Woman Races and Potential Milestones
- More New Records for Women in Congress from Special Election; June 14th Primaries Results for Women Candidates
- Results from primaries and special elections in ME, NV, ND, SC, AK, and TX: More New Records for Women in Congress from Special Election
- Special Election Will Yield New Record for Women in Congress; June 7th Primaries Create More Opportunities for Women
- Results from primary and special elections in CA, IA, MS, MT, NJ, NM, and SD: California Special Election Will Yield New Record for Women in Congress
- Results from the May 24th Primaries
- Results from primaries and runoffs in AL, AR, GA, and TX: Potential Historic Firsts and More Advancements for Women in Yesterday’s Primaries